Visovac, known as Our Lady’s Island, represents the perfect harmony of nature and human creativity. The small island, on which a Franciscan Monastery of the Mother of Mercy is built, was settled by the Augustinians in the 14th century. Franciscans came to the island in 1445. Later, in 1568 a seminary with a library and archive was founded. Till this day the Monastery still holds a valuable museum collection which contains four incunabula, among which are the Aesop's fables printed in 1487.